With school starting in less than 2 weeks, we’ve started preparing ourselves for a change in routine. With that comes the task of packing lunch. I love to cook, but packing Zach’s lunch, every night, is something that I don’t look forward to.
The excitement of a new lunch box, thermos, and containers will soon wear off, and then I’ll be left with the nightly question, “What am I having for lunch tomorrow?” Am I the only one that struggles with the answer to this question? Do you run out of ideas?
Here’s a few of my thoughts that lead me to the constant road block:
- Has to stay cold/hot for a 4-5 hours
- Has to be carried around school, with a backpack, and whatever else he may need for that day
- Probably dropped and, possibly stepped on, before lunch
- Enough to hold him over for 3-4 hours
- Able to be eaten in 15 minutes so there’s time to socialize (that’s the best part of lunch.)
- Has to be a “cool” lunch
So, here’s a different twist to my blog, I need your help! What is on your school lunch menu? Comment below and I will compile everyone’s feedback into a helpful “Back to School Lunch, Revisited”, post, later in the week. I can’t wait to hear from all of you!
To be continued…